Walking is a fun and healthy way to enjoy the outdoors. Whether walking for transportation or leisure, pedestrians have the right to safety as they hit the streets. Thousands of pedestrians are injured by cars every year, and hundreds die from tragic collisions with vehicles. It is important for both those on foot and those in motor vehicles to take safety measures to prevent accidents and injuries.
If you or a loved one has been hurt due to the negligence of another, you may be eligible for compensation. Contact the Champaign pedestrian accident lawyers of Spiros Law, P.C. to speak to one of our qualified attorneys about your case. Call us today at (217) 328-2828.
Common Pedestrian Accidents
Some unfortunately common examples of pedestrian accidents include:
- Cars backing up without looking for people behind them, or backing up without noticing a child in their path
- Cars driving at dusk or other times with limited visibility and not seeing joggers or other active pedestrians in the road
- Kids and adults running into the street without looking for oncoming traffic
- Vehicles taking turns without checking for crossing pedestrians
- Miscommunication between pedestrian and vehicle, both progressing at once while at an intersection or crosswalk
When you take a walk you have the right to your safety. If someone else has caused you harm, you may be able to collect damages. The talented Champaign pedestrian accident attorneys of Spiros Law, P.C. can give legal assistance as you seek compensation. Contact us today at (217) 328-2828 to discuss your case.