When you encounter a stray animal it is important to take certain precautions. Even the cutest stray animals can carry diseases that are harmful to humans. By knowing what to do when encountering a stray animal, you can help prevent injury and infection.
If you have been the victim of a loose animal attack due to the negligence of someone else, you may be eligible for compensation. The Champaign personal injury attorneys of Spiros Law, P.C. have the experience you need when working to collect your due compensation. Contact our offices today at (217) 328-2828 to discuss the facts of your case.
What to Do When You Encounter a Stray Animal
If you encounter an unfamiliar animal, keep the following safety tips in mind:
- If the animal seems angry or hostile, stay away!
- If the stray appears to have rabies, immediately seek safety and call animal control.
- If the animal appears friendly, you may want to approach it in order to facilitate a reunion with its owner. However, remember to use caution – animals can attack without warning.
- Check for tags and call any listed phone numbers to try and get the animal back home.
- Never let a stray animal near your face, and always wash thoroughly after touching a stray pet.
- If you are attacked by a stray animal, seek immediate medical attention.
Sometimes even when you take the above precautions, accidents can occur. If you or a loved one has suffered from a stray animal encounter due to the negligence of another party, those responsible should be held accountable. The experienced Champaign personal injury lawyers of Spiros Law, P.C. can help you seek fair compensation for your injuries. Contact us today at (217) 328-2828 to schedule a free initial consultation.