A wrongful death claim can be brought against offenders when someone is killed due to their negligence or other unjust actions. The claim is for the victims surviving loved ones to collect fiscal damages for the wrongdoing.
If you have lost someone you love as the result of someone else’s negligence, then you deserve to recover damages for your suffering. Contact the Champaign personal injury lawyers at Spiros Law, P.C. today by calling (217) 328-2828.
The Logistics of a Wrongful Death Claim
When a loved one dies due to the carelessness or disregard of another, it is possible to collect damages from the party responsible. A wrongful death claim usually consists of four elements:
- Proving that the death was either entirely or partially caused by the conduct of the defendant
- The defendant aided in causing death by a reckless or negligent act
- There are surviving dependants, such as a spouse or children
- Fiscal damages have accrued as a result of the death
The fiscal damages that can be collected for most commonly include:
- Medical expenses
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of future wages and benefits
- Pain and Suffering
- Loss of companionship
If you have lost a loved one due to the bad decisions or negligence of someone else, you may be eligible for compensation. The talented Champaign personal injury lawyers at Spiros Law, P.C. can help you navigate the legal process for recovering damages. Contact us today at (217) 328-2828 and speak to one of our talented attorneys.